Baby diaper bag’s essentials
After having our first baby I tend to over pack whenever I go out. For real. Like half of the house he he. While most of the time I only use about 20% of what is in my bag. With a second child I had to learn to use a space in my bag for two kids (infant and a toddler), thus, reducing the things brought to the baby and leaving just essentials.
Moreover, I’v learned over time to keep the things always in my bag. It makes my life much easier and give me a peace of mind knowing that all of the baby’s stuff is in one place and ready to go at any moment.
Therefore, I’d like to share two baby diaper bags’ checklists. One for moms who likes to be fully prepared for a long day and one for so called modern moms who leaves the house just for few hours.
Fully prepared checklist
I personally use a diaper bag in this case, because it has plenty of space and is produced exactly for baby stuff. Since new and good quality diaper bag is quite pricey, I bought mine in a flea market.
- Diapers – at least 4 of them. I like to have even more, so I don’t have to restock my bag as often.
- Wipes. A larger pack, because baby wipes are helpful for much more than just baby’s tushes.
- Sanitizer. This is a must.
- Snack. Breastfeeding makes me hungry, thus, I always pack a bar or a fruit snack.
- Burp cloth. For spit ups and more.
- An extra outfit. Shit happens he he, so I keep few less desirable items in my bag.
- Changing mat. Very useful in public places. My bag was equipped with that, most daiper bags do.
- Diaper disposal bags. To place dirty diapers or dirty clothes in.
- Nursing pads. If breastfeeding, because we can’t control the leak.
- Lip balm. For dry lips.
- Bottles. If you’re bottle-feeding for formula or breast milk.
In this case I personally use my own purse or a small backpack.
- Travel wipes.
- Burp cloth.
- Lip bam.
Packing for a newborn baby can be a bit tricky and overwhelming. Hopefully you find this list useful.
If you have anything you’d add to the list, leave a comment below. I’d love to hear it 😊